Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week 10 Fantasy Lineup Choices

Each week, I plan to examine my lineup choices in my three most competitive leagues. I will explain my rationale for the selection and then review them independently after the week has concluded to see where I can improve.

League 1: PPR Experts League (fantasyknuckleheads.com) 
With Darren Sproles hand injury, my lineup decision became much easier. I'm using Mike Wallace in the Flex over Jeremy Maclin and Antonio Gates, while starting Eric Decker and Reggie Wayne, who already netted me 17 points.

League 2: 12-team .25 PPR
I used Vick Ballard over Jamaal Charles at RB2 due to matchup and already regret the choice. I think the logic was wise, but Andrew Luck vultured the rushing TDs. In my remaining decisions I am going with:
1) Vernon Davis over Dustin Keller at tight end. This seems like a no-brainer, but Davis has been unproductive of late due to opposing defenses scheming for him, among other problems. I think the 49ers figures out how to get him involved over the bye and Saint Louis has been bad against the tight end thus far, giving up over 60 yards/game.
2) Reggie Wayne and Marques Colston over Dwayne Bowe at WR. Wayne already put up a solid performance, and I like Colston in a likely shootout. Kansas City has been awful this season, and while I do think they could be throwing a lot from behind, I'm not taking the gamble.
3) Jamaal Charles over Dwayne Bowe at Flex. I may change this decision before Monday night, but as of now I'm going with Charles' talent to win out, despite his frustrating usage. This is my most difficult decision of the week.

League 3: 12-team standard scoring
Pick Three for 2 WR spots and a flex: Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Jeremy Kerley, Titus Young, Brandon Myers. That's more or less my decision. My wide receivers have underperformed all season, with Pierre Garcon my desired WR2 suffering an early foot injury and never really making it back.
Perhaps foolishly, I'm sticking with Nicks. He and the Giants HAVE to turn things around after last week's disaster against Pittsburgh... at least I hope so.
I'm also using Britt. Miami is to be beaten through the air, and the return of Jake Locker is likely a boon to Britt's value.
That leaves a choice between Kerley, Young, and Myers for my final Flex spot. At the moment, I'm sticking with Kerley, but I'm not sold on the choice. He seems to have become the Jets de facto number one receiver, but the matchup is terrible. Young doesn't have a much better matchup, with the Vikings only allowing 1.4 more points per game to receivers. Moreover, Young has been battling an injury all week. I think Myers is an interesting gamble in a game where the Raiders will have to throw, but I'm using the receiver with higher upside.

No comments:

Post a Comment